Top Best Air Compressors Reviews 2019
Here is a list of the air compressor reviews we have on this site. These units are all shapes and sizes for all kinds of jobs. You may wish to choose a certain company to buy your compressor from. With that in mind we have tried to expand our reviews to as many different brands of air compressors as we could.
With that said here are our reviews:
DEWALT D55140 1-Gallon 135 PSI Max Trim
This hand carry air compressor by DEWALT seems to be rather popular with folks who have obtained it. It is a lightweight air compressor which offers both efficiency and dependability while being one of the quieter compressors out there.
The DEWALT D55140 has an oil-free, long-life pump, allowing the operator a maintenance-free operation which is always a plus. This way there is no need for checking whether or not the pump needs to be refilled. Someone using the DEWALT D55140 should not have to worry about having to potentially clean oil off of the work surface.
This unit is ideal for woodworkers. The DEWALT D55140 can be used for custom installation of shelves or other furniture, cabinet trim installation and for pressure-testing new plumbing lines. It only weighs 24 pounds and is 9 inches wide which makes it very easy to move from room to room if necessary.
The DEWALT D55140 also features an innovative roll cage along with a full protection frame which helps protect the unit from accidental damage along with the usual wear and tear of an instrument of this type. The combination of being a lightweight, durable and quiet (as far as air compressors go) make the DEWALT D55140 a popular unit indeed.
Product Features for the DEWALT D55140:
- .75 SCFM delivered @ 90 PSI pump, 1.0 gallon tank and 135 max PSI enables more nails to be fired and provides quicker recovery
- Durable oil free pump provides extended maintenance-free operation
- Low 71 dBA* allows for quieter operation (*Tested per ISO3744)
- Roll cage and control panel provide protection to key compressor components
- Low 2.6 amp draw motor provides easy start-up and reduces breaker tripping
- Lightweight (24 lbs), thin (9.0″) and compact design is easy to carry and store
- Ball valve drain allows for quick and thorough tank draining
- One quick coupler to easily support 1 nailer
- Convenient cord wrap for easy storage
- High-flow regulator for increased performance
Specifications for the DEWALT D55140:
- HP – 0.3HP
- Drive – Belt
- Tank Size – 1gal
- Power Supply – 120V, 60Hz, 2.6 amps., PMDC motor
- CFM @ 100 PSI – .6CFM
- Pump Speed – 2,200rpm
- Tool Length – 19.0″
- Tool Width – 14.5″
- Tool Height – 9.0″
- Tool Weight – 24lbs
- Shipping Weight – 29lbs
All in all the DEWALT D55140 is a popular unit that may be able to help you if you are looking for something light, compact and durable. And it is also quiet according to most of the reviews.
Campbell Hausfeld FP2028
The Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 is a one gallon air compressor that is great for inflation, brad nailing, stapling, and air brushing among other things. This compressor can give you a smooth performance due to a tank that eliminates the pulsations caused by piston action.
Campbell Hausfeld began making products in 1836. They are still around so they must be doing something right. The FP2028 Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor is one of their latest products and according to many reviews it doesn’t disappoint.
Product Features for the Campbell Hausfeld FP2028:
- .51 SCFM at 40 PSI
- .39 SCFM at 90 PSI
- 100 max PSI
- User friendly design
- 1 gallon tank for greater stored air power
- Easy-to-read gauge
- Regulator kit available – part number CV223900AJ
- Great for inflation, brad nailing, stapling, and air brushing
- Tank eliminates the pulsations caused by piston action
- The sturdy handle allows for comfortable handling and for simple storage
- One year warranty
All in all the Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 is a small but handy Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with more positive then negative reviews. If it is around the house small jobs like inflating tires, stapling or air brushing this could be just what you are looking for.
Hitachi EC99S 4-Gallon Portable Electric Twin Stack Hot Dog Air Compressor
The Hitachi EC99S air compressor is capable of giving someone years of service due to its rugged all-metal interior and powerful motor. This along with its efficient air delivery system and oil lubricated pump make the Hitachi EC99S one to look at if you are in the market for a new compressor. Because of its efficient air delivery system due to large twin stack air tanks it could support a variety of pneumatic tools including nailers and staplers.
That air delivery system includes a maximum air capacity of four gallons, a maximum pressure of 125 psi, air delivery of 4.2 CFM at 40 psi, 4.1 CFM at 90 psi, and 3.6 CFM at 100 psi. Easily enough to handle nailers, air wrenches and filling tires.
The dimensions of the Hitachi EC99S are 18.5 x 15.35 x 16.73 in. That makes it portable enough to carry around and use in tight spots. It also is heavy enough so that if you load it onto the back of a truck it shouldn’t fall off.
Another feature of the Hitachi EC99S is its Oil-Lubricated Pump which is made to maximize efficiency and give one smooth operations as long as the compressor lasts. The oil dip stick and drain valve can be easily accessed since they are on the exterior of the air compressor.
Product Features for the Hitachi EC99S
- Line regulator with gauge for immediate use at worksite
- All metal inner construction and fan to withstand rugged use
- Oil lubricated pump improves efficiency and ensures smooth use
- Vertically stacked twin tanks, 2 gallon capacity each for running multiple nailers
- 15 Amp direct drive induction motor delivers efficient and reliable performance
Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore
The Makita MAC700 2.0 HP features great durability due to its cast iron construction which gives it the strength to endure under the toughest conditions. It is also equipped with a large filter which allows for increased air intake which in turn allows for greater efficiency
The Makita MAC700 model also features an oil-lubricated pump which is also more efficient. This unit runs cooler and at half the RPM of most of its competition. The result of this is a greater motor and pump life along with lower noise.
The Makita MAC700 has The 2.6-gallon tank sustains an operating pressure of 130 PSI, and delivers 40PSI (3.8 CFM) and 90 PSI (3.3 CFM), size: 18″x10″x22″; Net Weight (lbs.): 52.
This unit was made with low noise, high output and less maintenance in mind. The Makita MAC700 is just another example of why Makita is one of the leading names in air compressor engineering.
Makita MAC700 Technical details:
- High output: Cast iron pump with big bore cylinder and piston, combined with greater bore and stroke, delivers maximum performance
- Low noise: Substantially lower noise levels with a large 1,720 – RPM pump-enabling greater displacement at lower RPM
- Low Amp Draw: Reduces incidences of tripped breakers and voltage drop that can cause premature motor failure
- Oil lubricated: Cooler running pump, minimizes wear
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
Product Features for the Makita MAC700
- PERFORMANCE – Low noise, low AMP draw in high output
- DURABILITY – Runs at a lower RPM (1,720) resulting in greater motor and pump life
- RELIABILITY – Low AMP draw reduces instances of tripped breakers
- CONVENIENCE – Oil drain and oil sight glass conveniently located for easy access and maintenance
- INCLUDES – Oil and 1/4″ universal quick coupler
With a good sound level and low draw of power the MAC700 looks like a definite winner. Plus when you have such an overwhelming amount of positive reviews from folks who have used the model the Makita MAC700 is definitely one you should take a look at.
PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor with Pressure Gauge
This highly portable oil free pancake-style Porter-Cable C2002 air compressor from Porter-Cable provides a pretty good punch for the power it packs with an induction motor. An induction motor which also gives it extended life. Coming complete with a soft start motor this air compressor should be able to run on any household curcuit whether it is being used to inflate tires or fire a nailer.
The motor on the C2002 includes replaceable brushes which help to extend motor life and 150 PSI max pressure which is great for allowing extended run time. It also includes 120 PSI cut-in pressure that provides 30 PSI “Bonus Air” and High-Flo air regulator to protect against a large pressure drop.
The Porter-Cable C2002 also includes a 13-Piece Accessory Kit with a 25-foot nylon hose, blow gun and attachments, tire chuck, tire gauge, quick coupler, plugs and Teflon tape.
Technical Details for the Porter-Cable C2002:
- 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes, 2.6 SCFM at 90 psi allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
- Air coupler and plug are factory installed on the air hose to save user labor and to prevent leaks
- 6 gal Pancake style tank for stability, includes water drain valve and rubber feet
- Low Amp 120-volt motor starts easily in cold weather or with extension cord
- Durable oil-free pump for long life and no maintenance; Shroud, handle and console cover protects vital components, makes unit easier to carry and includes cord wrap
Item Dimensions for the Porter-Cable C2002:
- Weight: 34 Pounds
- Length: 19 inches
- Width: 18 inches
- Height: 21 inches
All in all the Porter-Cable C2002 seems to be an air compressor that around the house could be very useful. With the mainly positive reviews it certainly is one you should look into when in search of an air compressor.
We have also done our best to be as honest and balanced in our reviewing as possible. There are quotes from folks on here who have actually purchased and used these models. We feel that this is the best way to convey to the reader how well a unit works in real time and usage.