Air Compressor Buying Guide – Everything You Need to Know
An air compressor is a very important tool. It is a modern device that has the task of converting power into kinetic energy by pressurizing air on command. It basically increases the amounts of air in a certain space. Air pressure is increased as you packed the air. This process creates a useful force that is more often than not is used in manufacturing, industrial, personal, and commercial purposes and reasons.
Before you proceed to buying your air compressor, you first have to learn what kind of work or job will you do because the type of air compressor you will buy will highly depend on this factor.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Air Compressor
If you have thoughts of buying an air compressor, you have to consider the following factors:
- Electric versus gas powered air compressor
- How much airflow and horsepower your air compressor should have
- Consider the PSI
- Oiled air compressor or oil-free air compressor
- Consider the tank size
The type and kind of air compressor you will need will mostly depend on the given factors. Once you have discovered and learned the pressure and volume requirements needed for your tools to function well and properly, then you have consider the following:
- A twin –stack style – ideal for remodeling, roofing, car maintenance, and organized clean-up
- A wheelbarrow style – portable and suited for locations or areas where you only have limited space
- A pancake style – easy to maneuver and is usually used for mobile and maintenance jobs
A Step By Step Process on Buying an Air Compressor
An air compressor is a very important tool. Because of this, even though air compressors require a huge investment, people are still willing to buy them because of the necessity of air compressors. Listed below is a step by step process on how you can buy and choose the air compressor for you.
- Check your balance/money. Decide what kind of investment you’d make between long or short term investments. Inexpensive and cheap units usually do not last very long.
- Next, you must also consider the size of the air compressor you want to buy. If you a buy a small air compressor for all the jobs that you need to do, then you will not be as productive. If you choose to avail or buy a too large air compressor, then you would have wasted money. It is very vital to have knowledge of what needs to be done and what air compressor fits that description of what you need.
- Choose the fuel or power source carefully. Do you want an electrical powered or a gas powered air compressor? More often than not, the gas powered air compressor is used for outdoor projects.
- Decide how much horsepower you need to accomplish the job. Most air compressor motors have horsepower ranging from 1.5 to 6.5 horsepower.
- Compare and decide on the tank size of your air compressor. The tank size is very important because it indicates or implies how long your tools can work. Tank sizes are usually ranging from 1 to 80 gallons.
- Find out if it is a portable or stationary type of air compressor.
- Compare the air compressors’ performance ratings. The higher the rating and satisfaction rate, the better.
- Consider greatly the power sources available to you and are at your disposal. Electric compressors are better in terms of maintenance, costs, and expenses. On the other hand, a gasoline model is more versatile especially when it comes to uses and is also more portable.
Consider that larger tanks are also more suited for the powering tools that are operating continuously. Examples of this would include sanders and drills. There are many factors to consider in buying an air compressor. Make sure that the air compressor you will buy will fit and suit the needs of your work or job. The type and kind of air compressor you would choose will affect how productive you will be. Make sure to choose with care so as to make the investment all worth it.